Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle FAQ
Buying a vehicle brings with it certain questions. If you are unfamiliar with Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz models, that list may be even longer still. Mercedes-Benz of Burlington has answers you can trust.
What are the requirements for Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned models?
To begin with, we certify only the Mercedes-Benz brand. Furthermore, each vehicle must date from within the last six years, and must have 75,000 miles or fewer on the odometer, plus a clean CARFAX report, full recall compliance where applicable, and a record of diligent Mercedes-Benz service. If it meets those criteria, it’s subjected to a thorough 165 point inspection.
What are the program benefits?
Your Burlington Mercedes-Benz dealer will discuss the full terms and conditions when you visit. But in brief:
- You have seven days or 500 miles (whichever comes first) in which to exchange your vehicle if you are less than satisfied
- You are first covered by the remainder of the 4-year/50,000-mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty
- Your coverage continues with a one-year bumper to bumper warranty which initiates when the original warranty expires
- Two years’ additional coverage, also with unlimited mileage, available through the CPO Extended Limited Warranty (see your Mercedes-Benz dealer for details)
- No mileage restriction on the warranty — drive where, when, and as far as you would like
- Roadside assistance included
- Trip interruption included
- Special Certified Pre-Owned financing rates for qualified buyers
- No repair deductibles
- Warranties are transferrable should you choose to sell your vehicle
How does the Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned program compare to its competitors?
Put simply, there is no comparison. Our 7-day/500-mile Vehicle Exchange Privilege is brand-exclusive. We have no mileage minimums or repair deductibles. We place fewer restrictions on loaner vehicles. And, perhaps most importantly, our warranty has no mileage limit, which can’t be said of most of our competitors.
Are there any disadvantages to the program?
Not exactly. Granted, higher standards do come with a slightly higher price tag. But as you’ve already seen, the benefits — to say nothing of the more advanced features than you would get from an ordinary used car — prove their worth.
To whom should I address my other questions?
You are always welcome to call or visit Mercedes-Benz of Burlington for your questions, be they related to our pre-owned inventory, the use of your infotainment system, or even the end of your Mercedes-Benz lease. We’re always happy to help.